More progress in the Garaggio. I think today was the most productive of the work party days thus far. We spent the majority of the day on the aft baffles, but when I had time I did make some progress on nut plate mounting rings for some of the avionics components.
Ok. Onto the baffles. We did the next bend in the aft left baffle. And low and behold it fits pretty well. There is one area around the case near the crank shaft that we will have to close off. But over all the baffle fits well.
We were also able to cut a very accurate hole for the alternator and alternator mounting bolt. With the baffle in place, we marked and trimmed the bottom of the baffle to the exact fit and gap we need to the cowl.
The process was repeated on the right side. This involved multiple bends over wood blocks. Then trimming around the starter. Again it turned out pretty well except around the crank case nose. I have a plan for that. Stay tuned.