Well. It took some effort to get the fiberglass off of the engine. But the good news is they turned out better than I expected. Before they were cleaned up, they don’t look like much.
But after they were trimmed, i tried to reinstall them. As a single piece, it was too tight to get it back into position. So I decided to make them into two pieces. They install much easier that way.
I had to do a repair to the top of the baffles where I rounded over the top. It didn’t look very nice, and there were sharp edges, just what I was trying to avoid. Basically it was just sand it down, add a little Flox, and layup 2 ply bid. I think it turned out pretty well. Here you can see the final product from different angles.
Then it was on to the next side, which is basically the same process. I was able to get as far as getting the layup done. When I get home, I can de-mold it and clean it up. Then on to the intercylinder baffles.
Eric was also here tonight and got a lot more of the trim wiring done. We are very close to being able to test it out. I don’t have a photo, but it was a lot of running wires and labeling them using the heat shrink label maker. Hopefully soon I will be able to post a video of trim motors running and the landing brake going up and down. 🙂