Greg must have read my post about momentum last night and decided that he was going to attempt to pre-accelerate the project so that crew scheduling can’t slow it down as much. At any rate he came over in the morning and worked with me until it was time to get ready to leave to commute back to Phoenix.
Greg started by knocking down the high spots on the elevators. There is still a long way to go on these. But he got them started.
While he was doing that, I got another three rounds of primer on the wings and ailerons. On the recommendation of James Redmon I decided to dilute the primer slightly. The roller I was using was leaving a significant texture, and I wanted it to be smoother. So the thought was to add water to the primer to allow it to flow after application. I don’t know if it is optimism or not. But the texture seems to be better. Though it certainly didn’t provide as much opacity in covering up the blue glazing putty. In this photo you can see the difference between the two textures. There are places where the texture is more pronounced and that was with full strength primer.
Since we had a bit more time, we also started making the canard and elevator contour checking templates. They need slightly more sanding to get them the right shape, but they will be useable soon.